Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rocky Mountain Popcorn Company Review

I love food. I love to snack, and I love popcorn. But I had found myself growing tired of the same old popcorn all the time. I like variety. So when I discovered Rocky Mountain Popcorn Company, and saw all their wonderful flavors, I knew I had to try them.



Rocky Mountain Popcorn Company began over 20 years ago as a local product near Denver, CO. It remained a local favorite and continued to build a reputation until 2007 when it burst into the nation scene.

What makes Rocky Mountain Popcorn so great is that is it real. No artificial syrups or oils, just natural ingredients and high quality, crisp, tender popcorn. Simple never tasted so good.

Rocky Mountain Popcorn comes in 8 awesome varieties.

Naked:

 Nothing but Popcorn, canola oil, salt. Very light, pure flavor. And of course the lowest in fat. It was actually pretty good, although I prefer butter or other flavors, but this would be great if you are not into that or if you want to add your own melted butter or flavors at home.

Butter:

The name says it all, fresh, delicious popcorn with butter. Ingredients: Popcorn, corn oil (corn oil, beta carotene [added for color] and natural butter flavor), salt.

This is so yummy. The texture is crisp and tender. It is moist not dry or chewy, just the perfect bite. The butter taste is wonderful, way better than microwave or movie theater fake butter nonsense. 


White Cheddar:

Contains popcorn, canola oil, cheese blend (cheddar cheese [milk, salt, cheese cultures, enzymes}, whey, buttermilk, salt, disodium phosphate), and citric acid.

If any of you are popcorn lovers as I am, I am sure you have bought other brands of White Cheddar popcorn from the grocery store, but let me say, there is no comparison. This has such a fresh, real taste that is wins hands down.

Southwest Cheddar:

Contains Popcorn, canola oil, cheese blend (cheddar cheese [milk, salt, cheese cultures, enzymes], whey, buttermilk, salt, disodium phosphate), seasoning (spices, salt, chili powder, dehydrated garlic, natural flavor), citric acid. 

This is the spiciest flavor. I love they way it tastes, but I am not the biggest lover of spicy, so this would not be my flavor of choice. For any heat lovers, this is for you. Very nice flavor.

Jalapeno

Contains popcorn, canola oil, cheese blend (cheddar cheese [milk, salt, cheese cultures, enzymes}, whey, buttermilk, salt, disodium phosphate), jalapeno seasoning (dextrose, organic corn flour, dehydrated jalapeno, onion and garlic powder, salt torula yeast, green bell peppers, vinegar powder [vinegar, maltodextrin], citric acid, natural flavors), citric acid.

I have to admit, at first, this was the flavor I was most concerned about since spicy is not my favorite thing, but this was actually very good. Not as spicy as the Southwest Cheddar even. I love how this does not leave that hot feeling in your mouth as an aftertaste. You can really taste the white cheddar too, which is wonderful. Perfect balance of spicy but tame.

Caramel:


Contains brown sugar, popcorn, dextrose, corn oil (corn oil, beta carotene [added for color] and natural butter flavor, salt, baking soda, soy lecithin, natural vanilla flavor. 

I love this one. Too many times Caramel Corn is hard and crunchy. It is all stuck together and you feel like you will break a tooth on it. This is so far from that it's unbelievable. You get a little added crunch from the coating, but it is really just crisp. It even still has a light fluffy texture(not chewy like most caramel corn). This did hurt my teeth just a tad after like half the bag, but that was the sweetness, not the texture. If you love caramel corn now, wait until you try this.

 Kettle Corn:

Contains popcorn, sugar, dextrose, salt, soy lecithin.

If you have never tried Kellte Corn, you are missing out, but until you have tries Rocky Mountian Kettle Corn, you are still missing out. The microwave and grocery store Kettle Corns are put to shame by this. Very tasty. Sweet, a tad salty, light, fluffy, crisp and delicious.

Cinnamon Sugar



Contains popcorn, canola oil, cinnamon sugar mix (sugar, cinnamon, salt, sunflower oil, and natural flavors).

This is my favorite variety. It is so perfect. Sweet, soft, crispy, fluffy, light. The only problem is that it took me so long to discover the magic that is Rocky Mountain Popcorn Cinnamon Sugar flavor. I'm in love. I recommend this to anyone looking for a sweet snack.

I really love that all the varieties are All-natural, gluten and nut free. I don't have allergies, but it's really refreshing to see a company care for those that do. Each variety is a great source of whole grains as well. I love having a snack I can feel good about, especially one that tastes so great.

*Although I was provided these products at no cost, all opinions are my own*. I was not compensated for this review*
 
 

4 comments :

  1. I want that cheese popcorn!! Contest?? (Fingers crossed...tummy growling...deep sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we can do a contest. Waiting to hear back. :)

      Delete
  2. I have been lucky enough to try all 8 flavors which are all awesome but I love,love,love the Kettle Corn! Cinnamon sugar was a close second though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. Value Engineering Services

    ReplyDelete